Chickpea Flour a.k.a Garbanzo Bean
Origin: Middle East
Affirmation: As I release the past, the new and fresh and vital enter. I allow life to flow through me.
Chickpeas are one of the oldest consumed crops in the world. Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein, dietary fiber, zinc, iron, phosphorus and B Vitamins. The beans also provide essential vitamins and minerals that protect against free radicals, support healthy body function and decrease vitamin deficiencies.
Control Blood Sugar Levels and Promote Weight Loss
- Chickpeas are a complex carb making them an ideal source of energy, curbing cravings and keeping you fuller for longer
- High source of protein and fiber essential for burning fat; plant based protein is also important for vital organ health, muscles and hormone levels
- These complex carbs regulate blood sugar because they don't promote a quick release of energy and then a crash, making them a much better choice over refined foods
- Chickpeas stabilize and balance the blood sugars, which is essential for long-term weight loss
- High in fibre, promotes regular bowel movements, a natural way to eliminate toxins
- Decreases symptoms of IBS and constipation
- Balances pH levels and bacteria in your gut, as fiber increases healthy bacteria and decreases unhealthy bacteria
Protects Against Heart Disease and Cancer
- Shown to balance unhealthy cholesterol levels and reduce hypertension because it is a high source of fibre
- Chickpeas help to keep the arteries clear of plaque and maintain a healthy blood pressure
- Shown to reduce cancerous cells from forming, by creating a healthy environment in the body that has a balanced pH and reduced inflammation
Much love to Rebecca Hammond of Girls Get It - our go-to Nutritionist and Personal Trainer for sharing all this amazing knowledge.