Hemp Hearts (kannabis- Greek oldest documented form)
Origin: typically found in the northern hemisphere
Family: Cannabis Sativa
Affirmation: I accept my full power as a human and accept all my bodily processes as normal and natural. I love and approve of myself.
Hemp seeds only contain 0.3%-1.5% THC so they will not get you high. This plant has been given a bad rep for years, and it is now being recognized for all of its incredible health and healing benefits. This beautiful female plant, provides us with an amazing source of plant based protein, aids in PMS, stimulates weight loss, improves the texture and health of our hair and skin. Need a say more, Mother Nature has given us another gift that we should hold with high regard and gratitude.
Rich in GLA (Gamma-linoleic acid)
- GLA provides helps control inflammation and body temperature, necessary for proper hormone function and highly beneficial for women who suffer from PMS
- GLA rich foods have shown to help people who suffer from ADHD, breast pain, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, obesity, PMS, rheumatoid arthritis, and skin allergies
Stimulates Weight Loss
- Hemp is a natural appetite suppressant as it helps you feel fuller, and is high in fiber and plant protein
- Hemp is both a soluble and insoluble fiber source, together they promote waste elimination, and keep your poop healthy. Also, hemp feeds the natural probiotics in your gut to support a healthy immune system
- Naturally, reduce constipation with hemp seeds
Healthy Hair and Skin
- Improves the texture of hair and dry flaking skin
- Hemp oils help to improve skin health, growth for soft and smooth skin
Reduce Cancer with Hemp Seeds
- Hemp hearts help to naturally balance inflammation and strengthening the immune system, as they are loaded with fatty acids, omega-3 and GLA
- It has also been shown to improve advanced breast cancer because of the cannabinoids that come from hemp seeds inhibit growth and the spread of cancer cells
Improve Heart Health with Hemp Seeds
- High source of fiber, plant based protein, contains fatty acids, which provides incredible health benefits for our hearts
- Adding just a tablespoon of hemp seeds to your diet (smoothies, salads, eggs) will lower blood pressure, lower LDL cholesterol, and naturally, raise HDL cholesterol levels
Much love to Rebecca Hammond of Girls Get It - our go-to Nutritionist and Personal Trainer for sharing all this amazing knowledge.