Nutritional Yeast / “Hippie Dust”
Origins: All over the world
Family: Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Sugarcane, and Beet Family
Affirmation: I experience life as a joyous dance.
Nutritional yeast is an active yeast that comes from the molasses of sugar cane and beets. It’s a complete source of protein and vitamins, particularly Vitamin B6, B12, folate, thiamine, riboflavin, and zinc. Nutritional Yeast provides 9 grams of protein per serving (1/4 per serving) a win for vegan, vegetarians and plant-based protein lovers. It is also rich in folate, providing the nutrients pregnant women need for healthy babies.
Preserves Immune Function
- Provides compounds a beta-13 glucan, trehalose, mannan and glutathione which are associated with advanced health, improving cholesterol levels; reducing the risk of cancer
- Provides an excellent source of iron selenium, which helps to repair cell damage and the zinc compounds help tissue repair and wound healing
- Nutritional Yeast provides healing benefits to athletes and weight lifters who are constantly breaking down muscle and tissues, helping them to repair and grow
Antiviral and Antibacterial Properties
- Proven to be one of the best remedies for candida
- Can be used to treat diarrhea and loss of appetite as it is full of probiotics
- Containing at least 9 of the 18 essential amino acids
- The high levels of thiamine when in combination with Vitamin B helps regulate our cardiovascular, endocrine and digestive systems
- Thiamine is used by almost every cell in the body, making it very important for supporting healthy energy levels and a healthy metabolism
Promotes Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails
- Loaded with Vitamin B, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B7 (biotin) making it an excellent natural enhancer for skin, nail, hair health and reduces signs of aging
- Found to help treat chronic acne and improve skin overall
Much love to Rebecca Hammond of Girls Get It - our go-to Nutritionist and Personal Trainer for sharing all this amazing knowledge.