Paprika / Pap-ri-ka capsian annum (noun)
Origin: Mexico and Hungry
Affirmation: I see with love and joy. Life is eternal and filled with joy.
Paprika is more than just a yummy spice used in cooking, it also has insane health benefits that will assist in creating your optimum health. The benefits range from improving skin appearance due to its' high antioxidant properties, providing benefits for our hearts, our sleep, our digestion and helps us stay happy through its boost in serotonin.
- Beneficial for people suffering from autoimmune and inflammatory disease
- Helpful for reducing swelling as a result of arthritis
Lower Blood Pressure with Paprika
- The capsaicin found in paprika aids in lowering blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels, allowing for blood to flow with ease throughout the body
Protect your Eyes
- Paprika is a source of Vitamin A and carotenoids which are beneficial for eye health
- The lutein and zeaxanthin also support in reducing the risk of developing age-related muscular degeneration and cataracts
Paprika for Digestion
- Normalizes stomach acid
- Used as a natural stimulant to aid in digestion as it boosts saliva and stomach acids
- The Vitamin B6 found in paprika has powerful neurological and psychological effects on our brain, as it contributes to the production of melatonin (the sleep hormone)
- Melatonin helps regulate a normal sleep cycle
- Paprika contains iron, which aids in the formation of red blood cells
- It also provides an abundance of Vitamin C, which enables the body to absorb iron
Cardiovascular Benefits of Paprika
- The Vitamin C found in paprika protects against cardiovascular disease: heart attacks and stroke
- The Vitamin E found in paprika provides antioxidants that prevent and reverse damage from free radicals
Much love to Rebecca Hammond of Girls Get It - our go-to Nutritionist and Personal Trainer for sharing all this amazing knowledge.