Origins: the sea
Affirmation: My thoughts flow freely and easily. I move through ideas with ease.
Sea salt isn’t just for bringing out the natural flavours in our foods, it provides us with trace minerals and health benefits that make it KAPOW NOW! approved. It is beneficial to use Celtic Sea Salt and Pink Himalayan Salt and we should avoid table salt at ALL costs.
Rich in Trace Minerals
- It is believed that high-quality sea salt contains about 60 minerals, while Pink Himalayan Salt contains 84 minerals
- This is important for our health because unfortunately, our food is lacking nutrients as the quality of our soil has depleted. Therefore, adding these minerals back into our diets through sea salt will provide the trace minerals our diet is lacking
- Trace minerals are abundant in our oceans, making it vital that we take care of our oceans and all ocean life
Helps Avoid Dehydration and Balance Fluids
- Consuming sea salt daily ensures that one maintains adequate sodium levels as it helps to balance your sodium-potassium levels, and provide a hydrated environment for your cells to grow and thrive
- These electrolytes are vital to proper fluid balance in our body's cell, blood plasma, and cellular fluid. The body requires salt to function optimally.
Excellent Electrolyte Source
- Sea salt contains major electrolytes, sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, all essential for optimal health
- These electrolytes are responsible for regulating heart beat, aiding in muscle contractions, proper brain, muscle and nervous system health
- Sodium regulates water in the body required for the transmission of electrical signals in the brain and body. Without proper communication between the brain, muscles and nervous system the body will not function properly. Too little sodium in the body will actually cause cell malfunction
Digestive Aid and Nutrient Enhancer
- Sea salt helps with the production of Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) Stomach acid which is essential for proper digestion and gut health
- Low stomach acid can cause digestive issues and throw off the body’s ability to heal and balance itself
- Proper levels of HCL helps the body to absorb vitamins and minerals. Therefore, consuming seas salt will help your body to absorb the nutrients in our food and promote a healthy pH balance
Much love to Rebecca Hammond of Girls Get It - our go-to Nutritionist and Personal Trainer for sharing all this amazing knowledge.